Friday 15 April 2011

Nutritional Yeast Experiment

Don't you love when you try a new cooking experiment, and it actually works?

Well I just finished enjoying my very first nutritional yeast experiment, and I would definitely re-do this lunch another day!
They use my favorite Suzie's grain products. I used the corn thins, but you can pretty much use any cracker or flatbread you have in the pantry.

'Pizza' Thins
Pre-heat oven to 400 F
So I put four suzie's thincakes crackers down in a baking dish
Topped with Medium Salsa
Sprinkled with 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast flakes, garlic, cilantro
Drizzled a little Italian dressing on top
Put in Oven for about 8-10 minutes
Before Going in oven
After going in Oven
Enjoyed with my half eaten Salad

I got a little impatient waiting for them in the oven, so my salad is half eaten in the picture. Either way, they were WORTH THE WAIT!

Is it too early to have these again tomorrow? I must be having a good day, because I also managed to finally get a good picture of the protein pumpkin eggwhites I introduced in my first post.

Here's the recipe again - incase you missed it!
PROTEIN PUMPKIN PUDDING
-1/2 cup canned pumpkin
-1/4 cup egg white
-2 tbsp Almond Breeze
-1 tbsp of your favorite protein powder 
-Stevia and cinnamon to taste (I use ALOT of cinnamon)

Mix it all up, and microwave for about 4-5 minutes (depending on your microwave strength

In the above picture, I have smothered my protein powdered WF peanut spread. I can not get enough of these. Literally I still haven't gotten tired of them!

Have you ever tried nutritional yeast? What are your favorite things to make with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment