Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tomato Tofu Chile with Cottage Cheese and Cauliflower

The name of this meal says it all, and I love the way it just rolls off the tongue, it's so fun to say. Really say it out loud. It must be all the alliteration: T.T.C.C.C.C

For all you math geeks out there:
Mathematical Dinner Recipe Name = (T^2)*(C^4) = TTCCCC=YUM

I had this for dinner the other day, and thought I absolutely must share since it was quite tasty and was quite easy and fast to make.
Tomato Tofu Chile with Cottage Cheese and Cauliflower

I knew I was going to be hungry when I got home because my lecture doesn't finish until 5:00 and then by the time I get home (approx hour commute on public transit) it would be six!

So before I left I got everything ready:
1) In a pot on the stove: a big can of diced tomatoes, extra firm tofu cut into cubes, chile powder, garlic, basil leaves, celery, broccoli slaw, and the few left over beans I had in the fridge. 

2)In another pot on the stove: cauliflower (I know how complicated, right?)

Then when I got home, all I had to do was turn the stove top on and wait while I dished out some cottage cheese and unpacked my school bag.

Then I sat down to my yummy (T^2)(C^4) = TTCCCC dinner:
That would be cilantro sprinkled on my cauliflower - incase you were wondering

Afterwords I enjoyed a nice big bowl of fruit as usual. I almost ALWAYS finish off dinner with a cut up apple, frozen strawberries, and frozen cranberries all in a bowl sprinkled with cinnamon.

You should know, I am a fruit monster - it is a big part of my daily consumption AND apples are my favorite (I have 4 a day!)

Yes FROZEN strawberries and cranberries. I actually prefer how refreshing and cooling they feel over the fresh ones!

Does anyone else eat frozen fruit?

5 comments:

  1. I use frozen fruit in smoothies and oatmeal, but I've never eaten it alone. That Tofu Chile sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm yet to be converting on smoothies, otherwise I would use frozen fruit in smoothies too. I'm definitely a chewer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer frozen berries in my morning yogurt. I prepare everythng the night before and the morning off O have a lovely yogurt with berries and berry juice.! fresh berries seem kinda dry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of frozen cherries mixed in with my yogurt in the mornings... I'm out of them right now and I can definitely tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always stuck with frozen berries - I never even thought of cherries! I'm going to pick up a bag the next time I'm at the grocery store :)

    ReplyDelete