Monday 11 April 2011

Review of the Nike+Sportband

This post is going to be short (and hopefully sweet) due to life craziness right now.

I ended up getting the Nike+sportband I was writing about the other day and I got a chance to use it today on my 45 minute run.

Set-Up:
Easy! I was a little worried about this as I leave my shoes at the gym so didn't have a chance to put the sensor in my shoe at home. But it all turned out really good - as the steps are really simple and explained well

Convenience while running:
I guess it depends on what your used to, but I ABSOLUTELY loved having my pace, stopwatch, kcal and distance all on my wrist!

Convenience accessing information:
It's really easy to transfer your run information onto your online account. You have to first download a little program (works on mac and pc) then when you plug it in to your computer your information automatically gets sent to your Nike account where you can display your data
You can hover over the white circles and see what your average pace was for each km.

Accuracy:
I was running on a track which is approximately 200m. According to my estimation it was pretty accurate, but it is hard to compare with such a short track distance. It will be easier to test accuracy when I can run a known distance (such as my 10k route).

There is even a feature to 'calibrate' your sensor, which is supposed to improve accuracy. But I was quite impressed with it's out of box accuracy.

I haven't had a chance to explore all the features, but I really like it and am really glad I bought it.

Do you have a Nike+sportband? what you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment