Tuesday 22 March 2011

Introducing ME!

Okay, so I know there are plenty of good food and fitness blogs out there, and that many new ones have been popping up.  So you may be wondering why I decided to start one of my own…

First...This is me:  


1) I am a early 20s FEMALE studying (see my beautiful study space below) ELECTRICAL and computer engineering at the University of Toronto. Apparently a lot of of the my peers don't have the same hobbies that I do...as a result there are not many people to socialize/talk with. This blog will allow me to write out all the things I want to say!

Have you ever seen the show: The Big Bang Theory? Although it's quite stereotypical of nerds and geeks...it's actually a somewhat accurate portrayal of the engineering students I have come to known (even myself sometimes!)


2) I have some pretty good food ideas (if I do say so myself). For example my Protein Pumpkin Pudding (Yes, I do LOVE alliterations)



FYI: These picture do NOT do this recipe justice. 

PROTEIN PUMPKIN PUDDING
-1/2 cup canned pumpkin
-1/4 cup egg white
-2 tbsp Almond Breeze Almond Milk
-1 tbsp of your favorite protein powder 
-Splenda and cinnamon to taste (I use ALOT of cinnamon)

Mix it all up, and microwave for about 5 minutes (depending on your microwave strength. I like to put some cut up strawberries on top, but they are just for fun and not necessary. 

Please NOTE this Blog is NOT a Food Blog (I am not going to take a picture of everything I eat...although entertaining to read, this would be too big of a job on my part). I may however periodically (math pun intended) reference by favorite food blogs!


3) I have been running on and off for the past five years, but this year it has been more ON then off.  I am hoping to complete my first half marathon by the end of this year - this blog will keep you posted on milestones and accomplishments

Stay tuned for some pretty exciting idea's regarding edibles, engineering and exercise. You won't be disappointed. 

To give you a sneak peak: 
In my next post I'll be talking about Walden Farms Calorie Free Peanut Butter Spread



But I would love to hear your opinions first....so what do you think Toxic or Tasty? Please leave comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment