Friday 25 March 2011

Weather Woes and Wildwood noodles

So I recently came across these packages of WildWood PastaSlim noodles at Noah's Natural Foods
The first time I tried them...well lets just say they didn't turn out so great...but once you've experimented with them a bit they are actually pretty good!

It pretty much turns out a bit different each time I make it, just depending on what veggies/protein I decide to throw in. It ranges anywhere from corn to peas and from shrimp to black beans. It's really quite versatile! This is how it turned out today:

It's even got scrambled eggwhites mixed in, seasweed steamed on top, and fresh ginger and garlic in the mix. It was absolutely DELISH.

Too bad it didn't sit to great for my afternoon run. It wasn't horribly uncomfortable, just felt like it was taking a long time to digest, perhaps I put in too much ginger.

The run only went alright, but I'm getting tired of running inside. I want real pavement beneath my feet, and trees to look at. Come on Canada, why are you behaving so stereotypically? It really is like the north pole up here. When I woke up this morning, the news (Breakfast Television) told me it was -15C with the windchill. Needless to say, I will not be running outside until the weather changes into something much more acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment