Saturday 26 March 2011

Hemp Hearts

So I recently came across these:
 Being my indecisive self, it took me a long time to decide if I wanted to spend the full $11 bucks on them. The main problem being - I had NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THEM. The first time I saw them I actually changed my mind at the counter...I'm pretty sure the cashier thought I was crazy.

 Either way, the second time I came across them, I bought them and they made a great addition to breakfast!
Again, being indecisive I decided to try dip my cantaloupe in them, top my yogurt with them, and sprinkle them on my toast. It was all good, and even just one tablespoon went along way.

They also made my way into my "Jumbled Jam Jar" snack:

I made it the night before, it's just a jumble of ingredients that are stuffed into an old jam jar. This jar had:

JUMBLED JAM JAR
-1 tbsp Hemp Hearts
-Almonds
-Protein PB
-Crumbled up Spelt Cake 
-Few Banana Slices
-Cinnamon (Can you tell I'm a cinnamon fan?)
The flavours really mix in over night in the fridge, which is great! And it turned out to be a great snack, which means that I am now able to get more work done rather than getting distracted by snacking every 15 minutes!

Although I should get to some school studying work, and stop writing this blog post! I hope everyone has a productive weekend, there is nothing like time well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment