Wednesday 30 March 2011

Springful Thinking

I woke up this morning to a bright blue sky, and a very happy pet bunny. My rabbit's name is Brey, cause he is half BRown and half grEY.

Some mornings when I let him out of his 'house' (cage is such a cruel word) he hops around my room like a little bugs bunny. When he wants to be pet he chases my feet, and runs in circles around my legs!

There is something about having a happy hopping bunny that makes it feel like Easter is coming. With the bright blue sky and the improved weather forecast, I'm really starting to have some springful thinking.

Getting Geeeky:
So I've gone back an forth between using different RSS feeds. There are so many. I've used the one on iMail (for mac), Google Reader, and Feedly...

But there is just something about actually GOING to the blog that makes reading it so much more interactive.

But, with so many blogs that I read multiple times a day, it was getting a little time consuming opening up ALL your lovely blogs.

So I used mac Automator, to make my own little Blog! Application.

Now when I click on the little orange Blog! Icon all of my favorite blogs open up in different tabs!

It is quite the convenient little app, and its really easy to add new URLs too.

How do you read your favorite Blogs? An RSS Reader? Going to the actual blog? Something else?

3 comments:

  1. Your bunny is sooo cute! I read and try to keep up with so many blogs, but it's really hard. I don't know anything about google reader or anything. I just try to go to each individual blog and I know I forget about some. Maybe I'll try this app...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little bunny! When I was younger, I had guinea pigs, and your little pet reminds me of them. I'd totally have one now if I were home more!

    I keep a favorites list just for blogs that I like... maybe not the most efficient, but it seems to work for me! I found it hard to keep up with Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a bunny is really like having a guinea pig, except he's much more independent and can wonder around my room by himself for about an hour without getting into any mischief!

    ReplyDelete