Thursday 24 March 2011

Moleskine Notebooks

So, I absolutely love Moleskine Notebooks.
And look at BEAUTIFUL University of Toronto's Bookstore - where they have plenty of Moleskines to choose from...

Can you guess how many Moleskines I am currently using?...

SIX!!

  1. Getting Things Done/ 'Whatever' Notebook
  2. Concrete appointment/tests/assignment due dates
  3. Day to Day -"I really should do this problem set at 2:00pm Notebook" (you get the idea?)
  4. New Years Resolution Notebook- Writing Three Blessings A Day - (Yes, I have not broken my news years resolution yet!)
  5. Favorite Bible Verses (Each day, I flip through my bible until I find a verse I want to write down)
  6. "A Daily Piece of Knowledge" Notebook (I write down at least one thing I learned that day. It helps me remember and reflect on the day)

This is me with one (of my 2) Peanuts Special Edition ruled moleskin notebooks.

It's my combined GTD (Getting things Done) and 'whatever' notebook. There are plenty of interesting GTD notebook organization ideas out there such as: PigPog and this student GTD Hack.

I've pretty much used some of the ideas I found for GTD notebooks combined with my own. This is how it all plays out:

The INBOX page is a MASSIVE list of EVERYTHING I need to do separated into:

  • Special - Any form filling, banking, or any other tasks that don't fit in social or school
  • Social - Emailing certain people, remembering to do something nice...ect
  • School- Pretty self explanatory: assignments, problem sets, concepts...
I did say I like alliterations didn't I? Hense the SSS. It's actually quite liberating just spending 15 minutes racking your brain for every single task you need to do.

I blurred out names, since this is a public blog and all..

Most pages are NOT 'Inbox' pages, but rather lists and noticed used to process the tasks in the 'inbox'. For example in the Inbox Special section I may have "Go grocery Shopping" and then on another page I would have a grocery shopping list. 

You may be wondering what this post is doing on a blog about f-EEE-ding brain and body. But Notebooks = Organization and Organization is the edibles to engineering. How is that for reasoning!

Question: What types of lists do you make in your notebooks?

No comments:

Post a Comment