Thursday 31 March 2011

Eating Alone in Public Places

I shortened my run down to 30 minutes yesterday because I new my body was still fighting a cold. But as it turned out, I ended up pushing my self at a faster pace...and felt great afterwords.

When I was done I had just enough time to sit down on a ROCK and have a Jumbled Jam Jar snack. Yes, they really do have rocks downtown by campus buildings. It was quite the busy place as it was the middle of the day, so tons of people were walking by.

The sun was shining, and my mouth was very happy. This jar combination ROCKed (no pun intended).
Along with the almonds, hemp seeds, and protein PB you see on top, there is also a pleasant surprise underneath.

I layered broken up Suzie's Whole Ancient Grain Kamut Cakes and Pineapple-Coconut-Banana Yogurt and let the jar sit overnight in the fridge.
By the time I was enjoying it, the yogurt had softened the puffed cakes and made for a very interesting texture (in a good way)!

I got a few strange looks from others, perhaps because I was taking a picture of my food on a rock. Or maybe because I was sitting on a rock enjoying the sun as if it was actually warm outside. It wasn't warm to say the least, and my snack on a rock didn't last long.  

Either way, eating alone in busy public places sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable. 

Does anyone else feel this way about eating alone in busy public places?

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel awkward when I eat alone in public. I'm trying to get over it because I have to travel a lot for work, and so there are a lot of times where I just have to do it anyway...eek!

    That looks like a pretty delicious snack, by the way!

    ReplyDelete